Potato & Corn Chowder
Yield: 6 servings
Cook the potatoes, corn, celery & onion in the broth for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- 1 cup - Potatoes (raw), diced
- 1 cup - Sweet corn kernels (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 1/3 cup - Celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons - Onion, chopped
- 1½ cups - Chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons - Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon - Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon - Paprika
- 4 tablespoons - Butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons - Flour
- 2 cups - Milk, scalded
Add the salt, pepper & paprika.
Blend the melted butter & flour together until smooth.
Add the butter & flour mixture to the vegetables & broth, stirring constantly.
Cook about 15 minutes until thickened.
Stir in the scalded milk and cook 1 minute longer.