Peruvian Potato Salad
3 pounds - Blue or purple potatoes, or other waxy potatoes, scrubbed
1/4 cup - Red wine or raspberry vinegar
1 large clove - Garlic, peeled and crushed
8 to 10 - Anchovy fillets, minced
3/4 cup - Extra-virgin olive oil
2 to 3 - Japaleño peppers, seeded and chopped, or to taste
8 - Scallions, finely chopped
1 cup - Chopped fresh mint leaves
1 cup - Chopped Italian parsley
1. Boil the potatoes about 20 minutes, until just tender.
Drain and place on a rack to cool.
2. Meanwhile, pour the vinegar into a cup, add the garlic and crush it into the vinegar with a fork.
Allow to steep for 15 minutes.
3. When potatoes have cooled, peel and slice 1/2 inch thick.
4. Remove garlic from vinegar.
Mash anchovies on a plate with 1 tablespoon of vinegar, then mix anchovies with rest of vinegar.
5. Place vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl; whisk together.
Stir in jalapeño peppers and scallions.
Add sliced potatoes and toss gently.
Add mint and parsley and toss again.