Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana
Preheat oven to 300°.
- 1½ cups - Spicy sausage links
- 2 medium - Potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into ¼" slices
- 3/4 cup - Onions, diced
- 6 slices - Bacon
- 1½ teaspoons - Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups - Kale leaves, cut in half, then sliced
- 2 tablespoons - Chicken base
- 1 quart - Water
- 1/3 cup - Heavy whipping cream
Place sausage links onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until done.
Cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into ½" slices.
Place onions & bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear.
Remove bacon and crumble.
Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1 minute.
Add chicken base, water & potates, simmer 15 minutes.
Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale & cream.
Simmer 4 minutes and serve.