Preheat oven to 425°.
- ¼ cup - Butter, melted
- 7 cups - Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon - Garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup - Onions, Finely minced
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- ½ teaspoon - White pepper
- 1 cup - Milk
- 1 cup - Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 - Egg
Combine butter, potatoes, garlic, onion, salt & pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Place in a baking dish, cover & place in oven for 10 minutes.
Scald the milk in a small pot on the stove, then add it to the potatoes & cook, uncovered, another 20 minutes.
Add the grated cheese & egg to the potatoes in the baking dish & mix well.
Replace in the oven until the top is browned, another 10 minutes or so.