County Cork Irish Stew
Season chops with salt & pepper.
- 8 small - Lamb Chops
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon - Vegetable Oil
- Parsley, Bay Leaves, Peppercorns, Thyme & Rosemary
- 1 pound - Potatoes
- 2 cups - Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium - Onion, chopped
- 1 large - Leek (white part only), sliced thin
- 12 small - Boiling onions
- 1½ cups - Celery stalks, diced
- 1½ cups - Peas
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
Heat oil in saucepan wide enough to hold all chops in a single layer.
Brown on both sides.
Spoon off any melted fat and add enough water to cover chops.
Bring to a boil and add parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, thyme & rosemary enclosed in cheesecloth.
Lower heat and simmer.
Meanwhile, peel potatoes and shape into bite sized rounds.
Chop trimmings from potatoes into small pieces.
Add potatoes, trimmings, cabbage, onion, well-rinsed leek, boiling onions & celery to chops and liquid.
Simmer 20 minutes then add peas.
Add a little more water if needed during cooking.
Simmer 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
Garnish with parsley and serve.